Secured a regular column in Entrepreneur magazine for a client
Secured a regular column in Lawyers Weekly for a client
Got a major Q&A feature in Lawyers Weekly. An attorney contacted him after reading the Q&A and referred his client to him that needed work done in his specific practice area
Got a major feature story on a specific practice area in the Boston Business Journal. Someone that had read the article reached out to the attorney and hired her
Got an attorney’s article placed in Corporate Counsel Magazine. A General Counsel that read the article reached out to him and invited him to speak at a major conference on the topic. There’s now potential for the GC to hire him.
Got an article placement in Banker & Tradesman. Someone that read the article in Zurich contacted him and hired him
Got an attorney’s article placed in an HR publication. A former college classmate read the article, contacted him, and hired him. The classmate did not know the attorney practiced in that specific practice area until he read the article
Got an attorney’s op-ed placed in the Boston Business Journal. She had been trying to get a meeting with the GM of a Boston hotel and was unsuccessful until the GM read her op-ed and reached out
Regularly get clients quoted, profiled and articles placed in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Washington Post, Lawyers Weekly, Boston Business Journal, Barron’s, and the US News & World Report. Clients are often contacted by their clients and contacts after seeing them in the media.
- Worked with a partner who did not like marketing and business development and was overextended with existing client work she was working on for other partners. After working with me, I helped her reframe her mindset about marketing and business development, and we focused on activities that she enjoyed. Now she actively engages in marketing and business development activities, brings in clients, and gets more work from existing clients.
- Worked with a partner who didn’t know where to begin with marketing and business development. We created a plan, and I encouraged her to get out of her comfort zone and go for a coveted position she normally would not have gone for. We also worked on getting her into the practice of asking for business, referrals, and following up. She significantly increased her bill-ables and new client work within 3 months.
- Worked with an associate who did not feel comfortable asking friends for business. I helped him to reframe his mindset about it and coached him into finding a way that was comfortable for him. He has since reached out to former law school classmates that are now in-house counsel, got introductions to the General Counsels at their companies, and has secured 2 new clients.
- Worked with a partner and management committee member who wanted to get more involved in organizations. We worked together to identify the appropriate organizations he aligned with, and I helped him secure a co-chair position in a bar association and a board position at a large non-profit organization.
- Worked with an associate on outreach to contacts, clients, and past clients. This directly resulted in new client work and referrals.
- Worked with an associate who did not feel comfortable asking her General Counsel brother-in-law to work with her firm. We re-framed her mindset about it, found a way that was comfortable for her, and her brother-in-law became a firm client.